VMS Live is seeking a full time Venue Manager to lead in all aspects of the operation of the business in relation to events staged at Liverpool Olympia. To act as a central point for all relevant parties in the successful booking, planning and delivery of show operations along with acting as Duty Manager for events hosted at the venue and to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the venue operation.
- To undertake appropriate aspects of ‘Diary Management’ including the pencilling and confirmation of shows in line with company standards.
- To act as liaison with any visiting organisations, e.g. rehearsals, film, radio, promoters, furthermore, to ensure that any invoices relating to such activity is invoiced.
- To ensure that the appropriate information in relation to any ‘event’ is provided to all internal / external staff as required to ensure effective operations.
- To co-ordinate and implement with the Marketing Department all internal / external marketing of all events to include the planning and placement of all local advertising if required.
- To liaise with the Technical team and ensure all venue information is available on request and is accurate.
- To arrange for all outside contractors, including but not limited to Security, Cleaning & Paramedics in line with agreed standards.
- Liaison with all venue staff, including house management, security, maintenance, cleaners to ensure that the building / business is effective and efficient.
- On the instruction of the ‘DPS’ to act as ‘licensee’ to the building and on such occasions to ensure that the venue runs in accordance with its operating plan.
- To undertake any other duties that from time to time may be deemed reasonable.
Requirements: Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Personal Licence holder.
- Live and club music venue management.
- Diary management.
- Marketing and promotion of events and club nights.
- Knowledge of the local market.
- Line management of staff and contractors.
- Administration and familiar with Excel & Office.
- Finance reporting.
- General understanding of the technical requirements of live and club events.
- Understanding of H&S, risk assessment and licensing issues for events.
- Experience of working with event promoters both local and nationally.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Can identify problems and develop solutions.
- Enthusiastic about live music and clubs.
- Shows confidence in dealing with wide ranging types of situations.
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Closing date for applicants is 27th March 2020